We believe membership is crucial for the body of Christ. The difference between those who attend a church and those who are members focuses on commitment – to each other and to the body of Christ.
1. A Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church.
Christ loved the church and gave His life for it.
2. A Cultural Reason: It is an antidote to our society.
We live in an age where very few want to be committed to anything.
3. A Practical Reason: It defines who can be counted on.
Membership identifies our family.
4. A Personal Reason
There are three ways a person may join First Baptist Church. They are:
1. Profession of Faith/Baptism
2. Transfer of Letter
3. Statement of Faith & Previous Baptism
If you have other questions or would like more information regarding baptism, please call the church office 907-279-8481.